V - HMY Victoria and Albert
The third Royal Yacht of this name seen here performing the official opening of Queen Alexandra Dock on 13 July 1907 with Edward Vll and Queen Alexandra aboard.
The two earlier vessels of this name were both paddle steamers. This last one was commissioned by Queen Victoria but not completed until after her death. The yacht served four sovereigns and was used extensively for Royal visits abroad and around Britain until decommissioning in 1936.
Apart from this occasion, the Royal Yacht visited Cardiff again in 1912 when George V and Queen Mary stayed onboard.