The Heritage & Cultural Exchange

T - HMS Thisbe

Photo of HMS Thisbe

Thisbe launched on 9 September 1824 at Pembroke Dockyard but never commissioned. She was loaned to the Missions to Seamen in 1863 as a floating church. Lord Bute paid for the necessary modifications. The ship spent almost the next 30 years berthed at the West Dock. Thisbe was taken out of service in 1891.