P - Pierhead Building
Situated strategically between the West and East Docks the Pierhead Building was erected in 1897 as offices for the Bute Dock Company.
Designed by the architect William Frame who had previously worked with William Burges on refurbishing Cardiff Castle. It is finished in red brick and glazed terracotta blocks from Ruabon with lots of fanciful features.
The interior is no less distinctive with majolica tiling in the entrance and up the stairs to first floor offices.
Now part of the Senedd estate, it is open as a visitor and education centre for the National Assembly for Wales.