K - King's Visit


On 25 June 1912 arrived in Cardiff by train from Paddington. They are seen here arriving after a series of engagements in the city at a pavilion erected at the entrance to the docks.

They had a tour of the docks and watched coal being loaded onto a ship before embarking on the Royal Yacht for a dinner with distinguished guests and an overnight stay.

Next day the King laid the foundation stone for the National Museum before heading for a tour of the mining valleys before returning once again to the Royal Yacht.